By Charles L. Venable
Книга посвящёна классической американской мебели.
A catalogue, released in organization with the Dallas Museum of paintings, of the 82-piece choice of old furnishings lately got through the museum. very good colour plates and extra diagrams convey the backs and bottoms to illustrate the main points of development. The textual content relates the historical past, importance, constitution and situation, woods used, dimensions, provenance, and exhibitions and courses for every piece.
Read or Download American Furniture in the Bybee Collection PDF
Similar antiques & collectibles books
How will you inform a real old from a pretend? how will you spot if whatever has been restored? What marks when you search for? how will you realize kinds? how are you going to inform one maker from one other? Antiques Investigator promises all of the self assurance and knowledge you must procedure any antique-be it a vase, a teapot, a chair, or undergo!
Ebook by way of Broude, Gwen J.
Masking the entire significant designers and types from the Nineteen Twenties in the course of the modern, this stylish and classy consultant to dress jewellery positive factors scorching accumulating traits, and spotlights significant designers. writer BIO: Judith Miller started amassing antiques within the Sixties, and has on the grounds that prolonged and strengthened her wisdom the world over.
"The Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics" represents a distinct collaboration of over 1000s of students from around the globe, the "Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics" covers all proper facets of the learn of Arabic and offers with all degrees of the language (pre-Classical Arabic, Classical Arabic, smooth ordinary Arabic, Arabic vernaculars, combined types of Arabic).
- United States Navy Patches Vol.4 Command & Support, Amphibious Forces, SEAL, teams, Fleets
- Textiles of Late Antiquity
- Scribal Correction and Literary Craft: English Manuscripts 1375-1510
- The Capstone encyclopaedia of business : the most up-to-date and accessible guide to business ever!
Additional resources for American Furniture in the Bybee Collection
29. All information on the construction and condition was furnished by Edward F. laFond who recently restored the works. see Edward F. Lafond. letter to the author, 1 Nov. " WOODS: Veneer, moldings, case sides, American black walnut; one finial, soft maple; other two finials, beech; two horizontal boards in bonnet, Spanish cedar; blocks inside bonnet (replacements), fir. DIMENSIONS: H. 5); H. 2); w. 2); D. ]). ; Bybee Col· lectlon, 1954. EXHIBITIONS AND PUBLICATIONS: Fairbanks 1968, 77 ; Whitehill 1974, fig.
Information on the Woolman family and the history of th is table was provided by Asher Woolman descendant s. See Elizabeth Leeds Tait. lett er to the auth or , 22 Apr. ' (}87, and Granville E. Haines, letter to the author. 2S Apr. 1(}87, DMA files. According to Haines, his parent s. Gertrude A. Leeds and Hudson Haines, sold th e table in the early 19305 to save the family farm . 000 for it. 2. All surviving wills and invent ories of former owners of th is table have been exam ined but none are specific enou gh to definitel y ident ify this piece .
Even james Atkinson, who worked for many years in Boston, was apparently trying his luck in Halifax, Nova Scotia, at his death in 1756. ' When Joseph Essex died in 1719, his estate worth £37 was also too small to cover his debts. ' A year later in 1]20, the clockmaker Thomas Badley's estate was also ruled Insolvent," The one clockmaker who appears to have been successful at his profession was Benjamin Bagnall, Sr. Bagnall's exact place of birth in England is unknown. ' He was in Boston by 1712, when he brought charges against the Boston joiner Caleb Ray (d.