By Derrick Rountree
Identity authentication and authorization are vital projects in modern electronic global. As companies turn into extra technologically built-in and shoppers use extra internet prone, the questions of identification safeguard and accessibility have gotten extra wide-spread. Federated identification hyperlinks consumer credentials throughout a number of platforms and companies, changing either the software and safety panorama of either. In Federated id Primer, Derrick Rountree
- Explains the techniques of electronic identity
- Describes the expertise in the back of and implementation of federated identification systems
- Helps you choose if federated id is sweet to your process or net service
• know about web authentication
• know about federated authentication
• know about ADFS 2.0
Read Online or Download Federated identity primer PDF
Best network security books
By way of community safety, many clients and directors are operating scared, and justifiably so. The sophistication of assaults opposed to desktops raises with every one new web worm.
What's the worst an attacker can do to you? You'd higher discover, correct? That's what defense Warrior teaches you. in line with the main that the single option to shield your self is to appreciate your attacker intensive, safeguard Warrior finds how your platforms may be attacked. protecting every little thing from opposite engineering to SQL assaults, and together with subject matters like social engineering, antiforensics, and customary assaults opposed to UNIX and home windows platforms, this publication teaches you to grasp your enemy and the way to be ready to do battle.
Security Warrior locations specific emphasis on opposite engineering. RE is a basic ability for the administrator, who needs to be conscious of all types of malware that may be put in on his machines -- trojaned binaries, "spyware" that appears harmless yet that sends deepest facts again to its author, and extra. this is often the one ebook to debate opposite engineering for Linux or home windows CE. It's additionally the single ebook that exhibits you the way SQL injection works, allowing you to examine your database and internet purposes for vulnerability.
Security Warrior is the main entire and updated publication masking the artwork of computing device warfare: assaults opposed to desktops and their defenses. It's usually frightening, and not comforting. If you're at the entrance traces, protecting your web site opposed to attackers, you would like this e-book. in your shelf--and on your hands.
This finished and well timed source examines safety hazards regarding IT outsourcing, truly exhibiting you the way to acknowledge, evaluation, reduce, and deal with those hazards. targeted in its scope, this unmarried quantity will give you whole insurance of the full variety of IT protection companies and completely treats the IT defense matters of outsourcing.
The 3 volume-set, LNCS 9814, LNCS 9815, and LNCS 9816, constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the thirty sixth Annual overseas Cryptology convention, CRYPTO 2016, held in Santa Barbara, CA, united states, in August 2016. The 70 revised complete papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 274 submissions.
- Firewalls: jumpstart for network and systems administrators
- SmartData: Privacy Meets Evolutionary Robotics
- Practical Reverse Engineering x86, x64, ARM, Windows Kernel, Reversing Tools, and Obfuscation
- Network Attacks and Exploitation: A Framework
- Juniper Networks Secure Access SSL VPN Configuration Guide
- Wireshark Network Analysis: The Official Wireshark Certified Network Analyst Study Guide
Extra resources for Federated identity primer
6. Summary Chapter 3. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Summary Chapter 4. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Summary Copyright Syngress is an imprint of Elsevier The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 1GB, UK 225 Wyman Street, Waltham, MA 02451, USA First published 2013 Copyright ũ 2013 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
In general, with databases, credentials are stored in proprietary tables created by the user management application. One of the reasons databases are often chosen as credential stores is because a majority of developers have experience coding against a database, so it舗s relatively easy for them to create code to authenticate users against one. Directory stores include LDAP stores and Active Directory implementations. LDAP is the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. It provides for a simple standards-based approach to accessing information from the credential store.
There are many different methods for implementing federated identity. But, most of these methods share common technologies and protocols. This chapter will go over some of those common technologies and protocols. Once you have a good understanding of these technologies, it will make it a little easier for you to understand the different federated identity methodologies. In Chapter 4, we will discuss some of the deployment options. There are cloud-based deployment options and on-premise options.