By Chris Michiels, Douglas H. Bartlett, Abram Aertsen
* First quantity solely dedicated to the results of excessive strain on microorganisms * Brings jointly the high-pressure body structure of piezophiles and non-piezophiles * Spans the diversity from uncomplicated technological know-how to useful purposes * presents basic perception for nutrition technologists utilising excessive strain for meals maintenance * comprises targeted fabric to demonstrate bacterial diversifications to severe high-pressure environments * offers a foundation for novel biotechnological purposes utilizing excessive strain * Highlights the microbial wealth and ecological effect of the deep biosphere * complete resource of knowledge on ecology, body structure, and genomics of deep sea micro organism
Read Online or Download High-Pressure Microbiology PDF
Best microbiology books
Mathematical modeling within the organic sciences is transforming into exponentially as the common sector offers intriguing difficulties from biology to drugs, and this is going lower than the identify mathematical biology. furthermore, versions of the expansion of microorganisms became highly regarded due to the fact that mathematical predictions could be verified within the laboratory using a tool referred to as the chemostat.
India’s rice and wheat plants are in main issue – a perilous state of affairs for a kingdom the place seventy five in keeping with cent of the inhabitants depends upon agriculture for a dwelling. Today’s falling or static yields in those key vegetation were the results of the intensification of agriculture from the Nineteen Sixties on. That so-called ‘Green Revolution’, which depended seriously on chemical fertilizers and insecticides, observed crop construction continue velocity with inhabitants development until eventually the top of the final millennium.
This quantity presents protocols for the biochemical research of hydrocarbon- and lipid-relevant items, phone parts and actions of microbes that have interaction with hydrophobic compounds. They comprise tools for the extraction, purification and characterisation of floor tension-reducing bioemulsifiers and biosurfactants that raise the outside sector and for this reason bioavailability of hydrophobic substrates.
- Nucleic Acid Switches and Sensors (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit )
- Plasmid Technology
- Biotechnology of Microbial Exopolysaccharides
- Histophilus somni: Biology, Molecular Basis of Pathogenesis, and Host Immunity
- Computer Applications in Food Technology. Use of Spreadsheets in Graphical, Statistical, and Process Analyses
- Prescott's Principles of Microbiology
Extra info for High-Pressure Microbiology
7. Da Poian, A. , A. M. O. Gomes, R. J. N. Oliveira, and J. L. Silva. 1996. Migration of vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein to the nucleus of infected cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93:8268–8273. 8. Da Poian, A. , J. E. Johnson, and J. L. Silva. 1994. Differences in pressure stability of the three components of cowpea mosaic virus: implications for virus assembly and disassembly. Biochemistry 33:8339– 8346. 9. Da Poian, A. , A. C. Oliveira, and J. L. Silva. 1995. Cold denaturation of an icosahedral virus.
1996. Picornaviridae: the viruses and their replication, p. 609–645. In B. N. Fields, D. M. Knipe, and P. M. ), Fields Virology, 3rd ed. Lippincott-Raven Publishers, Philadelphia, PA. 35. Schwarcz, W. , S. P. C. Barroso, A. M. O. Gomes, J. E. Johnson, A. Schneemann, A. C. Oliveira, and J. L. Silva. 2004. Virus stability and protein-nucleic acid interaction as studied by high-pressure effects on nodaviruses. Cell. Mol. Biol. 50:419–427. 36. Silva, C. , V. Giongo, A. J. Simpson, E. R. Camargos, J.
And H. Ludwig. 1997. Effects of rapid pressure changes on the inactivation of Bacillus subtilis spores. Pharm. Ind. 59:436–438. 48. Suzuki, K. 1960. Studies on the kinetics of protein denaturation under high pressure. Rev. Phys. Chem. Jpn. 29:49–56. 49. , M. T. Alvarez-Martinez, F. -P. Liautard, C. Balny, and R. Lange. 2003. Alternative prion structural changes revealed by high pressure. Biochemistry 42:1318–1325. 50. , J. P. Connelly, M. G. Coll, M. Ribó, R. Lange, and M. Vilanova. 1999. Pressure versus heatinduced unfolding of ribonuclease A: the case of hydrophobic interactions within a chain-folding initiation site.